Client and Server-side Games Programmer
Area/Code Entertainment LLC, an award-winning, cross-media games developer, is looking for a talented full time Developer to join our small team.
The ideal candidate should have at least 2 years experience in the game industry working as a programmer, and at least 1 year using Flash ActionScript3.
Flash/AS3 + PHP/MYSQL
C++ and/or ObjC
• Developing games using ActionScript3 and related tools.
• Optimizing the performance of games.
• Working with other tools and platforms in PC game development.
• Creating and maintaining utilities for use in development.
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
• Working closely with the development, design, and QA teams to meet completion deadlines for each project.
• Integrating change requests and playtesting feedback.
Specialized Knowledge/Expertise Requirements
• Must have experience integrating Flash games with server-side applications: remote databases, multiplayer engines, etc.
• Familiarity with common game algorithms and/or design patterns.
• Passionate gamer and creative problem solver.
• Strong sense of design and experience with graphic design applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
• Agile development experience a plus
• Must be responsible and accountable; able to self-manage, and effectively delegate when working with junior developers.
• Good communicator who possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
• Enthusiastic and outgoing, excited about working in independent game development.
• Responsible for meeting deadlines.
• Able to listen to and provide constructive criticism.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Demonstrates excellent analytical skills.
• Innovative thinker with ability to come up with creative solutions.
• Strong team player.
The candidate should have the ability to work in a small, informal atmosphere and be prepared to work on site in our Flatiron area office. Salary and Benefits are competitive and salary is negotiable based on experience.
Please submit resume, cover letter, examples of your work and contact information for three references as soon as possible (please include where you saw this posting) and send to email@example.com]]>